Tuesday, July 21, 2009

God is in my calendar?

I had an interesting experience over the last few days. Last week was a pretty tough week work-wise, and it unfortunately culminated in a very long, very difficult Thursday for me. About 17 hours into my work day, I said some things that were a bit unprofessional--and in a not so professional manner.

On Monday, my lack of professional behavior was pointed out to me in a blunt, but ultimately helpful way. Naturally, me being me, I wound up dwelling on my actions and allowing my disappointment in myself to cloud up the day.

Here's the fun part. I have a "Psalm a Day" calendar on my desk that has a short Psalm and little prayer for every day. On Monday I caught up on the Psalms from last week, and here was Thursday's:

"The Lord gave the word." Psalms 68:11 "Today may I choose my words wisely."

Hmmm.

Today, I realized I had not yet read the one for Monday, which turned out to be:

"For I am poor and needy." Psalms 86:1 "And may I not forget to be a bit more forgiving of myself."

Nice.

Now John wants me to look into the future and see if he's getting the Corvette he wants for his birthday in October.

No comments: